- ELAGSE9-10RI7 Analyze various accounts of a subject told in different mediums (e.g., a person’s life story in print and multimedia), determining which details are emphasized in each account.
Learning Target: I will analyze various accounts of why people identify as feminists to determine which details are commonly emphasized.
- Jauntily- lively, carefree manner
- Petty- not important
- Intolerable- unbearable; painful; cruel
- tactless – unskilled in dealing with people
- tarantella- a lively whirling intallian dance for two people
- excruciating – cause intense mental or bodily pain
- retribution- punishment; revenge
- disreputable- not fit to be seen or approved
- rubbish- nonsensical (talk or writing)
- slander- attack the good name and reputation
VOCAB QUIZ!!!!! and then a lovely video 🙂
Work Session: Welcome to Friday!! Today we’re going to read the end of Act II in A Doll’s House, which means we will need the following characters:
This is really setting us up for the big finale in act III – what do you think Nora is going to do to solve her problem? Write a quick prediction paragraph (this can be turned in later as your TOTD)!
Next up, let’s check out this gallery: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/06/20/why-cambridge-needs-feminism_n_3471562.html
What do you think of these signs? I hope you like them, because I’d like for you to make one! We’re going to create our own little Why I Need Feminism gallery. I’ll snap a pic of everyone with their signs, and then set it to music. We’ll watch the video next week!
Closing Session: Predictive paragraph TOTD; take photos of We Need Feminism signs
Differentiation: Process (varied length reading parts)
Assessment: TOTD could be graded, formative checks while reading