Don’t forget! Zoom meeting TODAY at 10am! I will send the link in Remind at 9:45!
Goals for the Week:
- Finish reading and analysis of A Doll’s House by Henrik Ibsen.
- Understand why A Doll’s House is considered feminist, and how it remains relevant today.
- Collaborate with your teacher or classmates to discuss the play.
- Attend the virtual class meeting on Zoom if you are able.
- Find a way to collaborate with your teacher or classmates – comment on the blog, on YouTube, etc.
- Send your “I Need Feminism Because” photo to your teacher, and check your feedback from last week’s assignment 🙂
- ELAGSE9-10SL1 Initiate and participate effectively in a range of collaborative discussions(one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grades 9–10 topics, texts, and issues, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
- ELAGSE9-10RL1 Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
I can collaborate in a discussion with my teacher or classmates by attending a virtual session (or using another option) so that I can understand my classmates’ ideas as well as my own.
Check out this Gillette commercial, “The Best a Man Can Be.” This was very controversial when it came out! Share your thoughts here, on YouTube, or in our Zoom session today!
Good morning, everyone! I hope you’re able to read this on Friday morning, because we have our virtual meeting on Zoom at 10am! I will send the link via Remind at 9:45 – look for it there and join us!
If you cannot attend our virtual meeting, your job is to find some alternative way of collaborating with your teacher or classmates. Here are some ideas:
- Comment here on the blog or on one of my YouTube videos
- Host your own Zoom session with a classmate.
- Start a group chat with several classmates to discuss feminism or the play.
- Make a shared Google Doc with some of your classmates. Type your ideas there.
…or you can think of your own! Let’s just try and keep some kind of semblance of reality in this weird, new world 🙂
Don’t forget to send your teacher your “I need feminism because” sign selfie! Just make a sign that completes the sentence “I need feminism because…” and take a selfie of you holding it, and send it to your teacher. I will compile them into a video for us! This is your one and only assignment this week, so if you haven’t already done it, please do it now!
Looking Ahead: Next Week’s Goals and Tomorrow’s Checklist
These are our goals for next week!
- Write a response to a prompt analyzing A Doll’s House by Henrik Ibsen.
- Continue to collaborate with teachers and classmates.
- Finalize all work on A Doll’s House and our Feminism unit and prepare for our next learning experience!
If you want to get ahead on things, here is what we’re going to be doing on Monday!