ELAGSE11-12RL1 Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain.
Learning Target: I can demonstrate my mastery of the standards on a USA Test Prep practice assessment.
Opening Session: VOCAB!
- (adj.) intended to deceive or entrap; sly, treacherous
- (noun) a hint, indirect suggestion
- (adj.) wealthy, luxurious; ample; grandiose
- (adj.) easily bent, flexible; easily influenced
- (verb) to say again, repeat
- (adj.) not easily moved mentally or emotionally; dull
- (adj.) experimental in nature; uncertain, hesitant
- (adj.) not combined; untidy; not properly maintained; unpolished, rude
- (adj., adv.) word for word; exactly as written or spoken
- (adv.) cautiously, with great care
Work Session: Today and tomorrow we’re going to be working on a series of games and assignments in USATestPrep that will help prepare you for the EOC!! You can repeat the games over and over again until you get them right, and then at the end you will have an assessment that you can’t repeat. Sound good? Good!
Closing Session: I’m coming around to conference with everyone about the EOC!
Assessment: Formative (USATestPrep)
Differentiation: Formative assessment used as a diagnostic for future differentiation