Goals for the Week:
- Understand the mythology of the Trojan War.
- Understand the plot and characters of Homer’s Iliad.
- Complete the Iliad Character Research Prompt.
- Participate in a Zoom meeting with your teachers and classmates.
- Discuss your reactions to and understanding of The Iliad
- Complete this week’s character research assignment and prepare for The Odyssey next week!
Your assignment for this week!
This week you will:
- Choose a character from the Trojan War mythology
- Google them and learn about their role in the war
- Fill in the chart in this Google Document with what you learned.
- ELAGSE9-10SL1 Initiate and participate effectively in a range of collaborative discussions(one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grades 9–10 topics, texts, and issues, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
I can participate in a Zoom chat with my classmates and teachers about The Iliad so that I can discuss my reactions to and thoughts about the story.
Refresh your brain on the story of The Iliad with this summary from CourseHero:
Today we’re going to be hosting a Zoom meeting at 11am! Please join us – look for the link from your teacher over Remind at 10:45ish.
If you cannot join us on Zoom today, please try and connect with a classmate on your own to discuss The Iliad. Here are some ideas:
- Host your own Zoom meeting at a more convenient time for you.
- Facetime, Skype, or call a friend on the phone to discuss.
- Talk about the story with your siblings or other family members over dinner
- Make a shared Google doc and type your ideas there.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts in our meeting today! Spend the rest of your work time today working on your character research assignment. I hope you enjoyed our week on The Iliad!
Looking Ahead: Next Week
- Next week we continue Greek Mythology by studying Homer’s other epic, The Odyssey! Get ready for adventure!