Mrs. Connell and I went all “obsessive fan” on The Hunger Games today and made our own maps of Panem! See what you think:
Mrs. Spiceland’s Map:
Mrs. Connell’s Map:
1-There is a graphite mine in British Columbia and 1 needs to be relatively close to the capital
2- Is a large district in the Rockies. You have to cross through it to get to the capital.
3- Current gadgets are produced near here (silicon valley)
4- Currently a large fishing industry with sea weed harvesting. Finnick is tan and that makes me think of the south.
5- District 5 is reliant on the capital so it needs to be close
6- Chicago is currently a large railroad hub.
7. In Mockingjay Joanna says pine smells like home. This area is home to one of the largest pine forests in North America.
8. Large textile industry, close to district 12
9. Largest wheat farming area in North America
10. Cattle farming is a large industry in the Texas area
11. Hot when other places are cold, produces cotten and their major city was built on the ruins of a large city.
12. In Appalachia, coal mines from 100’s of years ago are where they mine for coal.